Monday, January 29, 2018

All the pretty Custodes Colors

With the release of the Adeptus Custodes codex, there is now sanction to the variety of color schemes out there on the Interwebs...


Now I'm not saying they should look like the "Bag of Skittles" that is the usual Multi-Chapter Space Marine battlefield...
So let's talk about a few concepts ideas I've seen between Adepticon and a Google image search!

There are those that keep the gold armor and just change the inner pauldron color and inner helmet details.  Here is one of those from Adepticon 2017 that I really liked:
Custodes Tanks... YES, PLEASE!
I really thought the lighter gold and the black accents made for a unique look without turning them into just another multi-color army.  And on a side note, I hope that Forge World will release the rules for Relic Custodes tanks in 40k.  I know - make us take lots of the crappy Venerable Land Raiders first... but I want my hover tanks!

Now, not all of them use a base gold layer. A quick Google search for "40k custodes colors" leads to a few albums of images where white is the base color and gold is just the highlight.  That coupled with the blue plumes make for a wonderfully distinctive army.  Album at can be found HERE

Certainly doesn't look like the GW army!
There are plenty of other examples out there, and of course the Adeptus Custodes Codex has some diverse ones - Base armor color in Black, or Purple robes / details, etc..  Personally I tend to favor the Black armor, gold highlights and custom sash/plume colors... But I'll admit the white armor is growing on me!
Black goes with everything...
Next step for me - cutting the 5 storm shields off of the BoP sprue and figuring out the base armor colors that I want before I even consider robes, pauldrons, etc. 

Time to get to painting!




No comments:

Post a Comment