|Breacher sample part way through painting|
My breachers are getting closer. The test model took a while longer to paint than I expected. Here is a quick overview of the colors and plans
- AP Flat Black Spray Primer / Basecoat
- AP Gunmetal heavy drybrush
- AP Dark Tone wask - 2 heavy coats
- AP Weapon Bronze - chest details
Rest of Model:
- AP Daemonic Yellow Spray Primer / Basecoat
- AP Gunmetal - Bolter
- Custom wash - 3 parts AP Soft Tone & 2 parts AP Red Tone
- Copper edging - Craft Copper paint (still the best, smoothest 2-coat copper I have)
- AP Pure Red - Lenses
There is still a lot of work to do on each of them, but this at least gets the breacher unit to a table ready status with a paint job that I won't be ashamed to field at Adepticon later this year!
|Semi-finished Breacher - minus decals and base touchups|
Comments and critiques are always welcome!