Sunday, January 29, 2017

Display Case - Progress - Pt 2

(or Why not have an unpainted display case for my unpainted miniatures?)

An unpainted display for a half-painted army?
I've made a little progress with my display case over the past few months.  Cork walls with wood dowel reinforcements have been assembled as the fortification curtain walls.  They are modular allowing me to remove them in sections, and to access the cable pass-through that is hidden behind the central platform.

When I was looking for a good way to create some gothic-looking balconies to display figures on, I remembered that I had some of the Syberclicks terrain set that fit the bill perfectly.


I still haven't decided about the upper balconies - whether to put the miniatures behind the windows, or to simply place the windows flat against the outer wall with "stained glass" behind them.  I guess a little experimentation will be in order once I paint the wall itself!



No comments:

Post a Comment