Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mantic Terrain - More of it!

So I should really have titled this post - "THANKS FOR NOTHING, MATT!"
(as I'm now buried under another pile of panels from Mantic's Battlezone terrain system!)


So, I guess this means I have to figure out how they can all work together!

Okay, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!  Thanks to +Matt Genuardi for sending me more of the Mantic terrain parts he got as part of their Kickstarter.  I'll still be painting some of them in the two-tone color scheme as the other parts are painted as.  However, some parts just lend themselves to ONE color, such as the "defense line" and "rampart" pieces, along with the new "girder" pieces, which I'll be doing in the Mechanicus colors of Krylon Iron Oxide!

   Regardless, I couldn't just wait for the paint to fly, I had to build a few structures!  After finding out that it was NOT a good idea to use 45-degree angles for walls, I resorted to building a few boxy levels and slapping them together.  The resulting building is a counts-as-bastion construct that looks pretty cool IMHO.  Of course I needed those last few ramparts to be painted in the same color as the building, but who cares, really??




Now to paint all of the grey parts in Iron Oxide, so they match the rest of the fortification!


No comments:

Post a Comment