Monday, February 09, 2015

Month 2 - Imperial Knight #1 pt 1

(or I'm glad that I have 2 months to finish this one!)



  Sticking to the plan, it is time to start my build for Month 2, the first of 2 Imperial Knights.  With a kit this size, there is a lot of prep that goes into it!
  One of the obvious steps is to drill out the stubber barrels and build the main assemblies for primering.  A little bit of Dremel time and the stubbers were complete!

Thankfully, I only made one "overdrill" mistake and that should be easy enough to hide against the barrel of the battlecannon.

  As for building up the main assemblies, that was a bit of slow going, mostly due to my unfamiliarity with the kit. I do find it funny how many small parts are spread across the sprues, but for the most part, they were easy to pick out and identify. I have no doubt that I'll be overconfident with the second Knight build and screw up which part is supposed to go in the proper spots!
 Thankfully, I even impress myself and manage to get the legs, main hull and weapons built out without too much pain and heartache.  The amount of mobility in the arms is a pleasant surprise as that will make up for the rigid pose of the legs, in allowing the Knights to have an individualized look to them.  Now, I'm off to primer and magnetize. (but not in that order!)

No comments:

Post a Comment