Thursday, November 20, 2014

Inquisition build-out

Who says I had enough Inquisitors?

   Since I needed to make a 'counts-as-Coteaz" Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, I wanted to do something a little different.
My new Ordo Malleus Inquisitor

She needs a bit more work, but at least she has the gear to stand in as Coteaz.  Where is the Psyber-Eagle you say?  Well, her familiar is the subject of another post... so you'll just have to wait!  Body is a basic high-collared Space Marine power armor from the new boxed kit.  Hammer is from the Forge World Mk4 weapons.  I like the look of that as a Demonhammer much better than the "concrete block with a broom handle" that the Coteaz miniature comes with.  It looks more sinister and ancient, which fits in with the whole Inquisitorial gear look.  Her armor may look brand new, but with enough weathering, it should seem more "artificer" and less "Fresh-from-the-forge".  The cape was my first homemade greenstuff cape.  Not the best, but it fills the requirement!
   In case you are wondering, the head is from Statuesque Miniatures, and is their "Heroic Scale Female Heads".  Same look as the humorously named "Cracking hairdo heads", but in the right scale. Now to remove the blue-tac, replace with a bit of greenstuff and get her primed!

My Ordo Machinum Inquisitor was feeling awful lonely without any additions to his retinue, so I managed to cobble together some servitors based on parts from Anvil Industries miniatures.  They still need a fair amount of greenstuff to smooth out some of the joints, but I think the rough look is there for Heavy Bolter and Multimelta servitors.


I'm very happy with the Anvil Industries miniatures and weapons.  Looking back on the servitor build, I probably should have put more pins in the diverse weapons, arms and leg kits, to keep the model from coming apart during a roughly played game!  (I guess I'll just have to do that when the first Refit of these figures comes around.)

No comments:

Post a Comment