Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Custom Dragoon Riders, pt 1

(How many different conversion parts can I put in one model?)

Here is what my first build of a rider for the Knight Household Auxiliaries looks like:

For those that are curious, here's the detailed breakdown of components:

Arms - Stock GW Sydonian Dragoon Taser Goad and Phosphor Serpenta
Legs - Victoria Miniatures Rough Rider legs
Torso - Victoria Miniatures Flak Armor torsos
Head - Spellcrow Space Knights Heads with long hair




As I've got several different weapon combos I'll have to build, I think I'm still going to work the "monocle-ed" Imperial Guard head back into the combo, and Mad Robot Minis has some awesome new heads that may just make the cut as well, with their "Ponytail heads" looking cool. (without the ponytails!)  Not sure if some kind of shoulder pad would work well with him, I just don't want to take away from the detail of the parts I have used.  (If I use anything it would be the small Anvil Industries pads that I used on my Inquisitor's Power Armored acolytes.

Now I'm off to trim the greenstuff, paint him up and start on the other rider's bodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment