Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lack of updates

(excuses, excuses)

   I've been a little delinquent in posting updates to my projects over the last week.  Well, let's be honest, I've been delinquent about working on any of my projects for the last week and a half!  I'm sure the sad, miserable story of my life is of little concern, but more importantly, I'm back at work on my rebuild of the Land Raider Terminus Ultra.


   Between spending an entire weekend moving my project area into my office, and moving my wife's office into my previous project area, little was accomplished at the start of the week.  Of course drilling a cabinet screw through an electrical line slowed the renovation process slightly, and put any hope of working on miniatures well out of reach!  Add into the mix a busy (and short) week at work, a sunrise / sunset photo shoot, and a 2-day trip back home for some MORE quick renovation projects on the family farm, and I completed a whopping ZERO hobby projects for the nearly a week-and-a-half period.
   However, as I prep for this weekend's attempt to get back on schedule and actually complete the Land Raider refit, I'm using the following two posts for guidance on some of the painting:
          Heat-Stained Gun Barrels (at From The Warp)

          Soot-Stained Gun Barrels (at From The Warp)

   If anyone has any better tutorials or suggestions, fire them off in the comments below.  I'll post a summary this weekend with how it is going as several of the washes and inks I'm using aren't from the standard GW line.


No comments:

Post a Comment