Sunday, May 05, 2013

Modular Rhino pt 1

(How long can it take to build one APC?)

   In a vain effort to save myself some money, while giving my SM army a little flexibility, I decided to magnetize my Rhino frames and build them to be modular enough to serve as everything from a Vindicator, Predator, Razorback down to the lowly Rhino.  Come on, that should be easy, as almost every 40k player does that these days...
   Two off-the-shelf kits later, courtesy of Atomic Empire:



  Those two kits paired with extra bits from my newly found dealer, I mean retail outlet, The War Store, and I was in business!


  Of course, thinking ahead, I might need a Damocles Rhino for a game of Apocalypse, so off to Forgeworld I went to pick up the sensor array, as there was no way I was springing for the full Damocles kit.

  And then my detail-oriented personality hit.  I want to use every option on both Rhino frames, so how many magnets do I need again??

I guess this is why they call it a work in progress...  Hopefully I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel soon, as it is getting embarrassing to have to place proxy models for my Rhinos!


No comments:

Post a Comment