Sunday, May 05, 2013

Modular Rhino pt 1

(How long can it take to build one APC?)

   In a vain effort to save myself some money, while giving my SM army a little flexibility, I decided to magnetize my Rhino frames and build them to be modular enough to serve as everything from a Vindicator, Predator, Razorback down to the lowly Rhino.  Come on, that should be easy, as almost every 40k player does that these days...
   Two off-the-shelf kits later, courtesy of Atomic Empire:



  Those two kits paired with extra bits from my newly found dealer, I mean retail outlet, The War Store, and I was in business!


  Of course, thinking ahead, I might need a Damocles Rhino for a game of Apocalypse, so off to Forgeworld I went to pick up the sensor array, as there was no way I was springing for the full Damocles kit.

  And then my detail-oriented personality hit.  I want to use every option on both Rhino frames, so how many magnets do I need again??

I guess this is why they call it a work in progress...  Hopefully I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel soon, as it is getting embarrassing to have to place proxy models for my Rhinos!